Sunday, February 5, 2012

My "You and I"

Here's my copy  of Bing's "You and I." I didn't play it on my Brunswick, but on a little portable player I got at an antique store in South Carolina many years ago. It's sitting on my Brunswick.
 
The song was written by Meredith Willson and recorded by Glenn Miller. Willson went on to gain fame by, among other things, writing the words and music to the Broadway musical, "The Music Man." One of his tunes from that show, "Til There Was You," was recorded by The Beatles.
One source says that the song was the theme for the Maxwell House Coffee Hour for a while, but I haven't been able to find any recordings of that program on line to support it. And there's supposed to be a recording by (the liltin') Martha Tilton, but I haven't found that one either.
There have been at least two more recent songs with the same name, a duet my Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle and a very recent song by Lady GagGag.

No comments:

Post a Comment